Letter of Inquiry
Wisconsin Center for Academically Talented youth training program in action.
The Madison Community Foundation community impact grantmaking process is designed to gather ideas and advance initiatives that impact lives and our community for the long-term.
There will be two competitive grant cycles in 2013 with a Letter of Inquiry due on January 15 and July 15 by 4:30 pm CST. Letters of Inquiry will be reviewed and select applicants invited to submit a full grant application.
A strong Letter of Inquiry will include great ideas, measurable outcomes and project sustainability.
All grant applicants are strongly encouraged to review Grant Guidelines and to contact Tom Linfield, Vice President of Grantmaking and Community Initiatives, at (608) 232-1763.
The Letter of Inquiry process has been simplified. Applicants are no longer required to obtain a username and password and can simply submit an electronic Letter of Inquiry to Tom Linfield. Applicants may use the Letter of Inquiry form available in Word or they can submit an electronic document containing the following information:
- Organization Name
- Grant Contact Name, Title & Email
- Executive Director Name & Email
- Organization Address & Phone
- Endowment Fund - Note if your organization has an endowment fund. Include approximate endowment fund value and asset custodian.
- Organization EIN#
- Organization Mission (1,000 character limit)
- Project Name
- Project Start & End Date
- Project Budget
- Total Funds Raised to Date
- Total Funds Requested from MCF
- Project Description (2,500 character limit, including spaces): Summarize the project. Describe the purpose of the proposed project, the issues that will be addressed, the significance of those issues, and the impact on Dane County. Indicate who will benefit and estimate their number. Describe how your project will expland or completment exististing community services, plus any arrangements to collaborate with other organizations.
- Proposed Outcome (500 character limit, including spaces): List up to three measurable outcomes for the project.
- MCF Alignment (500 character limit, including spaces): Describe how the project furthers the mission and priorities of the Madison Community Foundation.
- Letters of Inquiry need to be emailed to Tom Linfield no later than 4:30 p.m. on the respective due date. If the date falls on a weekend or holiday, letters are due on the next business day.
- Please include your organization's name in the subject line of the email.
- Letters of Inquiry should not exceed two pages and attachments are not accepted. A submission greater than two pages will be returned to the applicant and will not be accepted for review.
- Letters of Inquiry must be submitted electronically; materials sent by fax or mail will not be accepted.